Monday, September 20, 2010
Tate going to Sleep!!
Ever since I went back to work I have been trying to get into a routine now that we have two boys and our mornings are really crazy with Jace having an 8 am class. So with that said we have been trying to get Tate to go to sleep at a decent hour. Before, we were always doing things and so he just went to bed whenever we got around to it. Now we are trying to break this habit and at least have him in bed by 8:30 every night. Well I am sure you can imagine how difficult it is to get a two year old to cooperate. Every night it is the same thing with Tate. We do baths, get in our jammies, and then we give him the option to watch a few minutes of his favorite show Thomas the Train or to read stories. He picks and then after about 10 to 15 minutes we tell him it is time to go to bed. He then starts deciding who is going to bed with him. Now what I mean by who is what toys are going to sleep with him. Well the other night something happened that was so cute and funny I had to write about it. We had already taken Tate up to bed with his two Lightning McQueen cars, his big and little Thomas, and Percy. After a few minutes he got out of bed and I was taking him back and he said he wanted one of his other cars. So the next thing I knew we were headed downstairs and he was filling up my arms, Jace's arms, and his arms with cars and his golf balls. We kept saying no more and he would then say one more grab a toy and put it in one of our hands. Once this had been accomplished he then marched upstairs with us in tow, place each toy and ball in its place in his bed and then went right to sleep. I wish I would have taken a picture but hopefully you can just imagine this little boy sound asleep with all of his toys laid out in a line next to him. While he drives me crazy most nights with going to bed these moments make it all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment