Saturday, August 13, 2011

May 2011


In May Tate turned 3.  It seems  just like yesterday he was a newborn baby in our home.  I can't believe how much he  has grown and how quickly he is learning.  Tate loves Cars, Thomas, and Phineas and Ferb.  He loves to sing along to songs and I am amazed at how quickly he picks them up.  His favorite primary song is I Love to See the Temple.  He has a personality all his own and reminds us of it every day.  His favorite things to say to us when we tell him to do something is I Can't or No, You do it.  He challenges us each and every day and brings so much joy into our Family.  We love you Tate and are so happy you came to our family.  

A week before Tate's Turned 3 we had a birthday party for him.  We went Miniature golfing Tate loved having all of his cousins there and even though it was a little chilly we all had a good time.  





In the middle of May I was fortunate enough to go and see the broadway musical Wicked in Boise.  It was amazing.  My Mom, two sisters and I all went.  We traveled down Thursday morning, went to the show Thursday night and came home Friday.  We had so much fun together.  I was so glad we could have a girls weekend, especially before my sister Rachel gets married.  Here are a few pictures.


Not the greatest picture but this is what the stage looked like before the show.


After the show me and my sister's!


Jace also finished another year of school in May.  This meant we started our yard project of putting in a retaining wall and removing all the rock from the yard.  Here is a beginning picture.  Not a very good shot but I will try to show a before and after when it is all finished.


During one of these Saturday's Tate was helping his Dad put some rock in the bucket of the tractor when somehow his little finger got smashed.  It instantly started turning black and blue and you could tell there was a blood blister under the nail.  We decided we better take him to see a doctor and so off I went to Urgent care with Tate.  He ended up breaking off the tip of his finger, so they gave us a brace to hold it together for a couple of weeks while it healed and then they burned a whole through his nail to release the pressure from the blister.  This is what he looked like when we got home.  He was so tired.  Poor Guy, but he was also so brave.  I am so proud of my little guy.


One day I came home for Lunch and my cousin was watching the boys while Jace was gone (can't remember where he was) and this is what I found.  Tate had taken some desitin and wiped it all over his brother's head.  It is never a dull moment in my house.  


Memorial Day weekend we went down to my Parents house.  We had a really good time.  Tate and I played some baseball with my brothers.  He loved trying to hit the ball.  I think next year we will put him t-ball.


I love this picture of Grant.  He had so much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's getting so much attention.


On Memorial Day the local golf course was having a kids activity where they got to learn how to hit a golf ball and they got a free club.  My sister works there so we went down to check it out.  Tate loved it. This is him with his club.  I think Dad is really proud Tate loves golf.



Here is Tate hitting his ball.


Just like the pro's shielding the sun from your eyes to watch your ball fly in the sky.


May was so eventful and cold.  It was definitely the end of spring.  I was so excited for summer to start at the end of May.

No comments: