Monday, September 10, 2012

The Flood

I don't have any pictures of this but thought I should probably document the event.  In September of 2011 when we were canning Salsa our basement flooded again.  It had done this a few years earlier but we thought it had been fixed when we replaced the main water line to our house.  Unfortunately there was another issue we were not aware of.  Luckily we had a wonderful neighbor who came over and helped us.   Then after Jace and him cut two holes in the walls they found what they were looking for and were able to unclog the pipe and fix it so it wouldn't do it again.   We then called our insurance and made a claim.  The water came into our study and laundry area so we decided it would be a good idea to fix it.  So far we have finished the study and it is now a happy orange as like to call it and I love it.  Now I want to do the re-do the whole basement with fresh paint and carpet :).

No comments: